HEALTH & WELLNESS
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. Jeremiah 17:14 (KJV)
Purpose and Mission: To educate and encourage members and the surrounding community to take notice of thier health: spiritually, mentally, and physically.
Let us continue to be mindful of our health as well as the health of our loved ones!
Journey to Healthy Living
Making the change to a healthy lifestyle can be both challenging and rewarding. There are several steps you must take in order to achieve this goal. The first step is to have some "want to". If you want to change, then you are on the right path. The second step is to "commit". Commitment is something that is needed in order to practice anything either on a daily basis or make it a routine. The third step is to be able to "go it alone". If you are making the change for yourself, it's best to realize that although some may start with you, eventually in order to succeed, you must have the mindset of "I will do this if I have to do it alone!" With these three steps in mind, you are well on your way to starting your journey to a healthy lifestyle.
There are so many things to think about when starting this journey. Allow me to share you six ways of encouragement to healthy habits for life inspired by American Fitness Professionals & Associates: https://www.afpafitness.com/blog/healthy-habits-for-life.
1. Practice Mindful Eating (become more aware of the food we put into our bodies and how it ultimately makes us feel). Try adding more salads to your diet.
2. A restful night's sleep should be at the top of the priority list (lack of sleep can disrupt your health--according to research, insufficient sleep can raise your risk of obesity, diabetes, mood swings, cardiovascular issues and other health concerns)
3. Turn goals into a priority (we often set goals and forget about them; write down goals and place them where you can see them)
4. Stay strong (it's okay to drop the ball, but just pick it up; you don't have to start over, just keep going)
5. Schedule just 30 minutes a day of exercise (30 minutes of any type of exercise could make a difference--walking, jogging, etc.)
Isaiah 40:28-31 “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and strengthens the powerless. Even youths will faint and be weary, and the young will fall exhausted; but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings of eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”
Jeremiah 29:11 “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.”
Videos are posted by Carolyn Washington - Ministry Leader. Videos are for the sole use of motivating and/or encouraging health and wellness fitness. Carolyn is not a certified trainer, but volunteers her time and talent to use physical fitness in hopes to encourage and promote a healthy living style in her life as well as the lives of others.
Health & Wellness Fitness
Want to workout, but don't have anyone to workout with? No worries, here's a workout routine catored just for you!