At the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, we are dedicated to Loving God’s people, Learning God’s word and Living a “greater” life.
Our vision is to be a ministry that embraces the unsaved with the love of Christ, nurtures the believer spiritually, socially and economically, while progressively growing into a city that is active in church growth, biblical teaching, educational advancement, connecting generations, family relationships, and youth engagement.
- G (Grow). Philippians 1:6. Grow in biblical knowledge and spiritual maturity.
- R (Reach). Matthew 4:16. Reach people with the love of Christ.
- E (Evangelize). Mark 16:15. Evangelize the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A (Align). Matthew 9:37. Align individuals with their gift, calling and passion.
- T (Teach). Romans 10:17. Teach God’s word with application and truth.
- E (Embrace). John 3:16. Embrace all people beyond race, economics, or preference.
- R (Restore). Romans 15:13. Restore people to a joyous, prosperous and abundant life.
- God. There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the complete and final sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- The Holy Spirit. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- Salvation. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- Christ’s Return & Future Events. The personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer. There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- The Church. The true Church is composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, has been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
- Baptism and Communion. Water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.
(18 Articles of Faith. National Baptist Convention USA, Inc.)
SPECIAL WORSHIP SERVICE